If you are a beginner of hair wig, you must want to know “what is a closure”, “what is a lace frontal” and “what’s the difference between lace frontal and lace closure”? Or may be you’re looking for your next wig that made of lace frontal or lace closure. We are going to talk about them today.
* What Is A Lace Closure?
* What Is A Lace Frontal?
* What’s The Difference Between Lace Closure and Lace Frontal?
* Which One Is Better? A Frontal or Closure?
What Is A Lace Closure?
A lace closure is usually a 4x4” hairpiece where hair stands are tied on a lace, which around the temple to temple size and put in the middle of your head. It’s 4 inches long and 4 inches wide, like a perfect square and which also the most popular.
There is a lace closure made out of Swiss lace and there is the silk base closure. Our closures come only in lace. A silk base closure can give your appearance of a natural scalp, when parting is made in the closure, the silk seems very natural. On the other hand, due to the material's advantages, the lace closures/frontals are flatter than a silk-based closure and can be better blended with the scalp.
There are three different options for a closure: middle part closure, free part closure, and three part closure.
Except the 4x4 lace closure, Africanmall offers 6x6 lace closure, 7x7 lace closure. According to the size of your head and the area of part-hairline to choose the sizes of lace closure.
What Is A Lace Frontal?
A lace frontal is a hair piece covers your head from ear to ear, the entire front hence the name. It’s 13 inches long and 4 inches wide, which is ideal for quick and easy installations. A lace frontal is half a wig that can create an natural hairline. 13x4 lace frontal is the standard size. Africanmall also provides 360 lace frontal.
Frontals are very suitable for women who have traction or thinning edges. Lace frontals give the options to part your hair free, making it more versatile option.
What Is The Difference Between A Lace Frontal and Lace Closure?
1. Size: The biggest difference between the lace frontals and lace closures are their sizes. Lace closures are usually 4x4 inches, they are smaller because they are be used to close off an installation. While the frontal is 13x4 inches, they are larger mainly because they cover the entire hairline from the ear to ear.
2. Material: Both frontals and closures are usually made of lace, silk, or a fusions of the two materials. In fact, some frontals are made of silk in the middle but lace at the ends.
Lace based closures and frontals lay much flatter against and blends better with your scalp. Silk based closures tend to like the scalp more.
3. Installation: Both the closures and frontals can be made into or sewn in a wig. A frontal wig can bring more options of hairstyle for wearers, but for those who just want to have a simple daily appearance such as middle part, closures are more available.
4. Versatility: Closures are used to recreate the natural parting of the hairline and measure about 4inches by 4 inches and are normally sewn into place, while Frontals are used to recreate the hairline from ear to ear .
The lace closures covers only a small part of the front of the installation, so it is not possible to pull the side backwards without exposing the track. The lace frontals covers the entire hairline, which giving you a seamless style that can be pulled back from the face.
5. Cost: The price of lace frontals is much higher than the lace closures. Because the lace frontals are almost half a wig, they need less bundles to sew in a compete wig.
For a full install, it is usually recommended to use 2-3 hair bundles with a lace frontal, but 2-4 human hair bundles with a lace closure. Of course, It also depends on the hair length.
Which One Is Better? A Frontal or Closure?
Actually, there is no absolute good or bad, it depends on what hairstyle you you want. Everyone is different, but there are several things for your reference.
* If you want to have more hairstyle such as pulling your hair back, then a lace frontal will be better. If you just want to close your installation with a natural looking scalp, then a lace closure is a better choice.
* If you have less budget, a lace closure is better.
* If you want an exact hairstyle and easy to take care of, then the --middle part and three part lace closures are perfect for you.
* Lace frontals are better if you want greater flexibility to change and adapt your parting the way you wish.
Take a look at our lace closures and lace frontals at Africanmall.com to compete your look stress free. If you want to make a wig yourself, we have cheap human hair wigs that have been produced in our factory.